KP here, back again with Fantasy Football Waiver Wire content! This week we’re diving into the Waiver Wire Week 7 Edition. As always, leagues are won with post-draft acquisitions. While, you can win on drafting talent alone, the waiver wire is primarily where losses can become wins.
I’d like to start with sending good vibes to: Cameron Brate and Saivion Smith, who both suffered frightening injuries over the last 2 weeks. I’m happy to hear both avoided serious injury and are doing well. Stay safe out there boys!
Shifting gears, with so many great teams for fantasy are on bye this week let’s see how we can improve your chances in your next matchup with the Waiver Wire Week 7 Edition. Let’s get started and check out KP’s Waiver Wire Week 7 Edition Fantasy Football Family!
Key Injuries to consider:
- Eli Mitchell both still out
- James Conner (ribs) missed Week 6, doubful to return this week.
- Chris Olave (concussion) missed week 6; hard to see him playing on Thursday
- Damien Harris (hamstring) reportedly to miss multiple weeks
- Randall Cobb suffered a high ankle sprain
- Marquise Brown (foot) avoided serious injury, but will miss at least 6 weeks
Key Players returning:
- Dak Prescott – set to make return vs Lions
- Tua Tagovailoa – cleared to make return vs Steelers
- Buffalo Bills
- Los Angeles Rams
- Minnesota Vikings
- Philadelphia Eagles
Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Week 7 targets by positions
- Dak Prescott vs DET – rostered: 79% Yahoo / 75% ESPN
- Tua Tagovailoa vs PIT- rostered: 68% Yahoo / 67.7% ESPN
- Marcus Mariota @CIN – rostered 15% Yahoo / 14.4% ESPN
- Taylor Heinicke vs GB – rostered 1% Yahoo / 0.1% ESPN
It goes without saying, but if not, if Dak and Tua are on your waiver wires they need to be rostered moving forward. I cannot predict the future in terms on injuries, but at this moment, there’s no reason both should not be rostered. Mariota is my highlight player this week – he was a top 5 fantasy QB with 24.16 points against a stout 49ers defense. He’s headed to Cincinnati this week, but I’m holding him as an elite plug-and-play QB for anyone rolling out Allen and Hurts.
- D’Onta Foreman vs TB – rostered: 5% Yahoo / 3.1% ESPN
- Deon Jackson @ TEN – rostered: 43% Yahoo / 32.8% ESPN
- Kenyan Drake vs CLE – rostered: 5% Yahoo / 3.2% ESPN
- Malcolm Brown on BYE – rostered: 1% Yahoo / 0.5% ESPN
I made the call earlier in the year to roster Foreman – that was mainly due to my skepticism that CMC could stay healthy. Now, I’m making the call with CMC being the recent name to be swirling around the trade rumor mill. He’d instantly the favored starter, he does have excellent vision, strong/physical back and can breakaway in space, he’s definitely worth the stash until trade deadline passes.
- Alec Pierce @TEN – rostered: 39% Yahoo / 25.3% ESPN
- Donovan Peoples-Jones @BAL – rostered: 15% Yahoo / 4.7% ESPN
- Josh Reynolds @DAL – rostered: 33% Yahoo / 25.1% ESPN
Do I have your attention now? Pierce is still under 50% rostered across multiple platforms. This needs to change. Yes – his week was saved this week with his touchdown, however, that’s a good thing. That means he’s being targeted in the redzone. It’ll be highly irregular to see Campbell continue to take targets away from Pierce. Pick him up!
- Cade Otton @CAR – rostered: 6% Yahoo / 1.4% ESPN
- Hunter Henry vs CHI –rostered: 29% Yahoo / 36.8% ESPN
Otton is an intriguing pick up. He’s likely going to be a good plug-and-play option for those with: Goedert and Higbee. Again, he’s being thrusted into this roll due to Brate’s untimley injury. That said, in a pass heavy offense, Otton is a great option to consider rostering for a week rental.
Waiver Wire Week 7: Stash Options
Intriguing Options with growing interest
- Tyquan Thorton (NE)
- Noah Fant (LAC)
- Sam Howell (WAS)
- Kyren Williams (LAR)
If you like my content, please shoot me a follow me on Twitter at @KingpettyFFB
Until next time, I hope you enjoyed my Waiver Wire Week 7 edition, please join me next week as I breakdown week 7!
Additional Fantasy Football
Last week Matthew Brown had excellent content, do check his articles out prior to next weeks matchups!
For More Great Football Content
Follow us on Twitter at @GridironHeroics for more great content. We appreciate you taking time to read our articles. To interact more with our community and keep up to date on the latest in Football news, JOIN OUR FREE FACEBOOK GROUP by CLICKING HERE