KP here, back again with Weekly Waiver content! This week we’re cracking open the Waiver Wire Week 6 Edition. This is our first week of team byes, even more injuries are piling up. KP will help you tackle through what to do!
As always, leagues are won with post-draft acquisitions. While, you can win on drafting talent alone, the waiver wire is primarily where losses can become wins. Looking ahead, let’s see how we can improve your chances in your next matchup with the our weekly Waiver Wire Week 6 Edition.
Let’s get started and check out KP’s Waiver Wire Week 6 Edition Fantasy Football Family!
Key Injuries to consider:
- Eli Mitchell both still out
- Rashaad Penny (Leg) out for 4 months
- James Conner (ribs) and Darrell Williams (knee) left game vs Philly
- Baker Mayfield (ankle) likely to miss multiple weeks
- Chris Olave (concussion) new protocols; may not play – keep an eye on
- Damien Harris (hamstring) Nelson Agholor could miss this week
- Teddy Bridgewater (concussion) new protocols; may not play
- Tyreek Hill (ankle) should be okay, but something to monitor
- Christian Watson (hamstring) left game vs NYG
- Tee Higgins (ankle) aggravated previous injury
- Houston Texans
- Detroit Lions
- Las Vegas Raiders
- Tennessee Titans
Waiver Wire Week 6 targets by positions
- Jacoby Brissett vs NE – rostered: 6% Yahoo / 4% ESPN
- Zach Wilson at GB – rostered: 14% Yahoo / 14.6% ESPN
- Kenny Pickett vs TB – rostered 16% Yahoo / 10% ESPN
The other KP couldn’t have had a worst start to his football career getting routed against the Buffalo Bills 38-3. That said, in terms of fantasy, he was QB20 and had 12 points, it’s certainly a hopeful direction for KP. He’s more of a stash option, but if you’re amongst those who lost Tua/Teddy or need a change from Rush, Stafford, Rodgers; KP is your guy!
- Eno Benjamin @SEA – rostered: 11% Yahoo / 6.8% ESPN
- Kenneth Walker vs ARI – rostered: 46% Yahoo / 47.5% ESPN
- Tevin Coleman @ATL – rostered: 0% Yahoo / 0% ESPN
- Isiah Pacheco vs BUF – rostered: 36% Yahoo / 18.1% ESPN
I made this late call prior to the start of the Arizona game and picked up Eno Benjamin where I could. It definitely seemed to pay off as both Conner, Williams and Ward left the game vs Philly with injuries. If they are not ready to go or waned by injury, Eno will be in line for the bulk of the carries as the only remaining back would be Keontay Ingram. Benjamin should be one of your priority adds in an already scarce RB selection.
- Alec Pierce vs Jax – rostered: 9% Yahoo / 8.6% ESPN
- Khalil Shakir – rostered: 2% Yahoo / 0.8% ESPN
- Darius Slayton – rostered: 0% Yahoo / 0.2% ESPN
- Josh Reynolds – rostered: 31% Yahoo / 25% ESPN
Yes – Pierce is appearing again, this time in the Waiver Wire Week 6 article. I loved Pierce coming out of college from Cincy. He increased his draft stock with an incredible combine, quite notably his leaping ability and speed. I was a bit hesitant after his first game where he dropped two touchdown throws, but over the last few games has seen an uptick in targets. I made the call last week that he was a waiver wire add, he’s a definite add this week as well. Be sure to pick him up!
- Taysom Hill vs CIN – rostered: 31% Yahoo / 30% ESPN
- Hayden Hurst @NO –rostered: 29% Yahoo / 25.3% ESPN
Oh, the rollercoaster that is Taysom Hill is quite maddening. Even as I write the Waiver Wire Week 6 edition, I certainly didn’t think to be writing about Hill, but according to Fantasy Pros, Hill is TE3. If he is there and you’re struggling at TE – grab him, might as well, I’m sure he’s a better option than what you have!
Waiver Wire Week 6: Stash Options
- James Cook (BUF)
- Desmond Ridder (ATL)
- Rondale Moore (ARI)
- Mike Thomas (CIN)
If you like my content, please shoot me a follow me on Twitter at @KingpettyFFB
Until next time, I hope you enjoyed my Waiver Wire Week 6 edition, please join me next week as I breakdown week 7!