The Miami (Ohio) RedHawks (7-2) host the Akron Zips (2-7) on Wednesday night in an all-MAC affair. Miami (OH) is now 4-1 versus MAC teams after they beat Ohio 30-16 last time out. Akron is just 1-4 in conference games, picking up their first conference win by defeating Kent State 31-27 last Wednesday. The RedHawks have dominated the Zips in recent history, winning all six of their previous meetings dating back to 2017.
Will the RedHawks keep rolling, or will the Zips pull off the massive upset to notch their first road victory of the year?
𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊‼️
— Miami Football (@MiamiOHFootball) November 1, 2023
|Akron||+17.5 (-110)||Over 40.5 (-115)||+610|
|Miami (Ohio)||-17.5 (-110)||Under 40.5 (-105)||-950|
Odds Courtesy of FanDuel, subject to change*
- Fixture: Akron vs Miami (Ohio)
- Date and Time: November 8, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. EST
- Location: Fred C. Yager Stadium, Oxford, Ohio
- Weather Forecast: Rain, Partially Cloudy, 67 degrees
- Points Per Game: 17.1
- Points Allowed Per Game: 29.1
- 3rd Down Efficiency: 32%
- 4th Down Efficiency: 35.71%
- Passing Yards Per Game: 335.7
- Passing Yards Per Attempt: 8.2
- Passing TDs: 19
- Rushing Yards Per Game: 91.6
- Rushing TDs: 9
- Sacks: 17
- Interceptions: 6
- Points Per Game: 29.8
- Points Allowed Per Game: 19.0
- 3rd Down Efficiency: 42.06%
- 4th Down Efficiency: 33.33%
- Passing Yards Per Game: 235.2
- Passing Yards Per Attempt: 7.1
- Passing TDs: 20
- Rushing Yards Per Game: 157.9
- Rushing TDs: 15
- Sacks: 25
- Interceptions: 5
Miami’s (Ohio) defense matches up really well with Akron, as the Zips are one of the worst offensive teams in all of college football. The RedHawks don’t go to the air a ton, and they haven’t really needed to. They run the ball effectively, and they should be able to roll out that same game plan on Wednesday. The RedHawks are 7-2 overall but also 7-2 against the spread, while Akron has been awful away from home. Back Miami (Ohio) to take control of this one and blow out their conference rivals.
Miami (Ohio) – 17.5 (-110)
For more College Football predictions & news, click here!
For more Akron Zips news, click here!
For more Miami (Ohio) RedHawks news, click here!
About the Author
Lucas Abrenica has worked as a sports betting writer for over three years, with the aim of helping both experienced and casual sports bettors in their decision-making. He uses his own personal background as a bettor to help guide the information and advice in his articles.