The #11 Louisville Cardinals (8-1) host the Virginia Cavaliers (2-7) on Thursday night in an ACC showdown. Louisville trampled Virginia Tech, 34-3, last week, and now they’ll try to take down another school from the same state. UVA is on a two-game losing streak, directly following their only two wins on the year. Last weekend, they fell to Georgia Tech 45-17, and they’ll be back on the road on Thursday. The Cardinals are 5-1 versus the ACC, and they’re tabbed as three touchdown favorites here.
Will Louisville keep rolling, or will Virginia pull of a stunning upset?
Up Next 👉 Virginia
— Louisville Football (@LouisvilleFB) November 8, 2023
Virginia vs Louisville Betting Odds & Match Details
|Virginia||+20 (-110)||Over 50.5 (-110)||+800|
|Louisville||-20 (-110)||Under 50.5 (-110)||-1429|
Odds Courtesy of Caesars, subject to change*
- Fixture: Virginia vs Louisville (11)
- Date and Time: November 9, 2023 at 7:30 p.m. EST
- Location: L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium, Louisville, KY
- Weather Forecast: Partially Cloudy, 54 degrees
- Points Per Game: 23.1
- Points Allowed Per Game: 32.4
- 3rd Down Efficiency: 36.57%
- 4th Down Efficiency: 57.14%
- Passing Yards Per Game: 152.1
- Passing Yards Per Attempt: 6.4
- Passing TDs: 8
- Rushing Yards Per Game: 120.2
- Rushing TDs: 11
- Sacks: 8
- Interceptions: 6
- Points Per Game: 32.9
- Points Allowed Per Game: 16.3
- 3rd Down Efficiency: 36.54%
- 4th Down Efficiency: 58.33%
- Passing Yards Per Game: 241.7
- Passing Yards Per Attempt: 7.6
- Passing TDs: 13
- Rushing Yards Per Game: 188.8
- Rushing TDs: 22
- Sacks: 23
- Interceptions: 10
Virginia holds the worst record in the ACC, and it’s not hard to see why. Their offense receives a lot of blame, and rightfully so, as they rank 122nd in rushing yards per game, and 104th in total yards per play. Louisville has an elite run defense, so the Cavaliers shouldn’t be able to pick up anything on the ground. On the other side of the ball, the Cardinals have a solid run game, so expect the hosts to take care of business here and blowout their conference foes.
Louisville -20 (-110)
For more College Football predictions & news, click here!
For more Virginia Cavaliers news, click here!
For more Louisville Cardinals news, click here!
About the Author
Lucas Abrenica has worked as a sports betting writer for over three years, with the aim of helping both experienced and casual sports bettors in their decision-making. He uses his own personal background as a bettor to help guide the information and advice in his articles.