The SMU Mustangs (7-2, 5-0 AAC) take on the North Texas Mean Green (3-6, 1-4 AAC) at home on Friday night in a conference battle. The Mustangs are in 2nd place in the American Athletic Conference, and they’re coming off of a 36-31 win versus Rice. North Texas is on a three-game losing streak, most recently losing 37-29 to UTSA. SMU has won the last four head-to-head matchups over UNT, and they’re expected to handle them on Friday.
Will the Mustangs remain undefeated at home, or will North Texas snap their losing streak?
— SMU Football (@SMUFB) November 5, 2023
North Texas vs SMU Betting Odds & Match Details
|North Texas||+16.5 (-110)||Over 67.5 (-110)||+625|
|SMU||-16.5 (-110)||Under 67.5 (-110)||-950|
Odds Courtesy of Caesars, subject to change*
- Fixture: North Texas vs SMU
- Date and Time: November 10, 2023 at 9:00 p.m. EST
- Location: Gerald J. Ford Stadium, Dallas, TX
- Weather Forecast: Partially Cloudy, 54 degrees
- Points Per Game: 34.8
- Points Allowed Per Game: 36.7
- 3rd Down Efficiency: 44.09%
- 4th Down Efficiency: 56%
- Passing Yards Per Game: 219.4
- Passing Yards Per Attempt: 9.6
- Passing TDs: 13
- Rushing Yards Per Game: 180.2
- Rushing TDs: 14
- Sacks: 11
- Interceptions: 8
- Points Per Game: 40.0
- Points Allowed Per Game: 15.9
- 3rd Down Efficiency: 43.65%
- 4th Down Efficiency: 58.82%
- Passing Yards Per Game: 203.3
- Passing Yards Per Attempt: 7.3
- Passing TDs: 17
- Rushing Yards Per Game: 174.0
- Rushing TDs: 17
- Sacks: 31
- Interceptions: 8
Both teams put up a ton of points, but SMU’s defense is way better than UNT’s. The Mustangs allow the eighth-fewest yards in the nation, while the Mean Green give up the second most points in all of college football. This should ultimately be the difference, and even with this large of a spread, expect the favorites to cover. They’ve covered three of their past four, and they match up pretty well against North Texas.
SMU -16.5 (-110)
For more College Football predictions & news, click here!
For more North Texas Mean Green news, click here!
For more SMU Mustangs news, click here!
About the Author
Lucas Abrenica has worked as a sports betting writer for over three years, with the aim of helping both experienced and casual sports bettors in their decision-making. He uses his own personal background as a bettor to help guide the information and advice in his articles.