Lions vs. Packers Odds and Match Details
- Fixture: Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers
- Date and Time: September 28, 2023 at 8:15 p.m.
- Location: Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Weather Forecast: Clear skies and 64 degrees
- Field Surface: Grass
Lions vs. Packers Injury Report
- Taylor Decker (OT)-Ankle: Questionable
- Halapoulivaati Vaitai (OG)-Knee: Questionable
- Emmanuel Moseley (DB)-Knee: Questionable
- Jason Cabinda (FB)-Knee: Questionable
- Jonah Jackson (OG)-Thigh: Questionable
- David Montgomery (RB)-Thigh: Questionable
- Kerby Joseph (FS)-Hip: Questionable
- C.J. Gardner-Johsnon (S)-Pectoral: OUT
- David Bakhtiari (OT)-Knee: Questionable
- Aaron Jones (RB)-Hamstring: Questionable
- Elgton Jenkins (OG)-Back: Questionable
- Jaire Alexander (CB)-Back: Questionable
- Zayne Anderson (S)-Hamstring: Questionable
- Rashan Gary (LB)-Knee: Questionable
- Christian Watson (WR)-Hamstring: Questionable
Lions Key Stats
The Detroit Lions are a good offensive team as they are averaging 24 points on 384.7 total yards per game. Quarterback Jared Goff has been playing very well as he is completing 69.9 percent of his passes for 819 yards with five touchdowns and two interceptions. This offense also has a compelling running game with the 1-2 punch of David Montgomery and rookie Jahmyr Gibbs.
Their defense has been doing pretty well as they are allowing 21 points on 323.7 total yards per game. They have done well at forcing the opposing offense to be one-sided as they are giving up 72 rushing yards per game. Defensive end Aidan Hutchison needs to continue applying pressure as he has a pair of sacks, a tackle for loss, three pass deflections, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. With the injury to CJ Gardner-Johnson, this pass defense needs to figure things out to continue playing well.
Packers Key Stats
Despite all the injuries, the Green Bay offense has been doing well as they are scoring 26.7 points on 308.7 total yards per game. Quarterback Jordan Love has been doing an outstanding job under center despite completing only 53.1 completion percentage while passing for 655 yards with seven touchdowns to one interception.
Their defense has been keeping them in games as they are allowing 20.7 points on 355.7 total yards per game. They have struggled to defend the run as they are giving up 136.7 rushing yards per game though. The injuries on a short week against a feisty divisional opponent are going to make things difficult on this young roster.
Playing on a short week in a divisional matchup, this game is going to be close. However, the injuries that the Packers are piling up are not good for the team in the long term. They have had back-to-back weeks where the game was decided by a single point and Jordan Love can only be inaccurate for so long before it costs them.
Detroit has the better overall roster and a complete offensive attack. Expect the Lions to cover the spread and win on the road here as it seems to be the best pick we can make for this game.