As everybody knows, the Southeastern Conference is by far the best conference in college football. From top to bottom, they are the deepest conference in America. Their worst teams will beat most conferences’ mid-tier teams. The slogan is true, “It just means more.” These S.E.C. power rankings are the best you’re going to find.
S.E.C. Week 5 Power Rankings:
- Georgia: In order to be the best, you have to beat the best; and no one has knocked Georgia off the top yet. They destroyed a good Oregon team and will continue to rule in the S.E.C East, until the title game.
- Alabama: The reason they’re number 2, is because they have yet to beat number 1, and no one can beat them besides number 1.
- Tennessee: They got the Florida monkey off their back this past week, and have an impressive win at Pitt. Hooker looks like a legitimate Heisman candidate, that is until they play Alabama in two weeks…
- Texas A & M: They won’t stay here for long, but with the win over Arkansas, I had to put them in the spot above them. They can’t push the ball down the field but they have a great defense that will keep them in every game.
- Arkansas: Lost a tough game to A & M this past week. They have a great offensive and defensive line. They do have a mortal flaw though; they can’t throw the ball down the field. But Jefferson is a hell of a running quarterback and will beat a lot of teams in the S.E.C, just not the top tier.
- Mississippi State: I know this might be controversial putting them above LSU who they lost to, but a lot of people lose games in the Bayou. They have a top 3 offense in the S.E.C. and a top 5 defense in the S.E.C. Will Rogers has 16 touchdown passes to lead the league and over 1300 yards, second in the league. Their next three games in the S.E.C. are all wins, versus A & M, Arkansas and Kentucky; then they play Bama.
- Ole Miss: Yes, I know they’re undefeated and they’re behind teams that have a loss, but they played Sister Mary Elephants School Of the Blind and other shitty teams. So they can move higher up in the power rankings after they beat Kentucky this week ,and might not lose a game until they see A & M in late October. Hotty Toddy’s schedule is really looking up for them.
- Kentucky: Kentucky has played nobody except the worst Florida team in 30 years. They are overrated and their fans are delusional. They do have a good running game and good offensive line. Defense can play pretty well sometimes. Their quarterback doesn’t play well against good teams in the S.E.C. He’s very average, and starting this week that will be proven again in S.E.C. play versus Ole Miss. I say they’ll finish 8-4 and might go to the Outback Bowl.
- LSU: Even though they’re 3-1 with a good win against Mississippi State, I’m just not buying into this Brian Kelly LSU team. I still see 5 losses on the schedule to A & M, Arkansas, Bama, Ole Miss and Tennessee. With that being said, they’re a 6-6 team barely making a bowl game.
- Florida: If you listen to the Spiked College Football Show on Apple or Spotify, Florida’s year is next year. AR-15 will win Florida games and will lose Florida games. He won them a game against Utah, lost them versus Kentucky, looked good against Tennessee and will probably win a game or two that he shouldn’t in the coming week. But his inconsistency will make them a 6-6 team, if they’re lucky. I really think Florida’s year is next year.
- South Carolina: This team i couldn’t have been more wrong about. While i really do like Shane beamer, Spencer Rattler has made me look stupid again. He’s not it. They will be frisky in a couple of these S.E.C. games, but I don;’t see them beating teams better than them. They’ll beat Vandy and Missouri, and that might be it.
- Auburn: Fire Bryan Harsin, then we can talk. Also they might beat Bama in the Iron Bowl.
- Missouri: See above, they lost to him.
- Vanderbilt: Vandy will always be Vandy. At least their G.P.A brings up the average of the S.E.C. But everybody loves nerds.
For More Great Football Content
Follow us on Twitter at @GridironHeroics for more great content. We appreciate you taking time to read our articles. To interact more with our community and keep up to date on the latest in Football news, JOIN OUR FREE FACEBOOK GROUP by CLICKING HERE