At home, the Iowa Hawkeyes (8-2) have an opportunity to earn their spot in the Big Ten Championship game. One win stands between them and Indianapolis. Meanwhile, the Illinois Fighting Illini (5-5) only need one more win to earn a bowl berth.
Last year, Illinois snapped an eight-game losing streak against Iowa on the gridiron. Will the Fighting Illini double down, or are the Hawkeyes going to get revenge?
Illinois Fighting Illini vs. Iowa Hawkeyes Betting Odds and Match Details
|Illinois Fighting Illini||+3
|**Odds Courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook**|
- Fixture: Illinois Fighting Illini @ Iowa Hawkeyes
- Date and Time: November 18, 2023 @ 3:30 pm EST
- Location: Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City, Iowa
Illinois Fighting Illini
- Points Per Game: 23.8
- Points Allowed Per Game: 29.3
- 3rd Down Efficiency: 48-133
- 4th Down Efficiency: 12-21
- Net Passing Yards Per Game: 261.2
- Yards Per Pass Attempt: 7.8
- Passing TDs: 19
- Rushing Yards Per Game: 134.5
- Rushing TDs: 11
- Sacks: 17
- Interceptions: 5
- Points Per Game: 18.8
- Points Allowed Per Game: 12.3
- 3rd Down Efficiency: 42-140
- 4th Down Efficiency: 4-6
- Net Passing Yards Per Game: 122.0
- Yards Per Pass Attempt: 5.2
- Passing TDs: 8
- Rushing Yards Per Game: 121.0
- Rushing TDs: 9
- Sacks: 19
- Interceptions: 9
Illinois has given up at least 20 points in all of their Big Ten games, and that will be a death sentence against Iowa this weekend. Only a few teams in the country can afford to let Iowa score 20 points and survive with a win. Illinois is not one of them.
The Fighting Illini’s aerial attack will be completely stifled by Iowa’s elite pass defense. If Illinois can’t pass the ball, they aren’t going to succeed. The Hawkeyes earn another win, behind defense and special teams again, this time to punch their ticket to Indianapolis.
Iowa Hawkeyes -3
For More Football News:
Follow me on Twitter at @TowerTalkSports. You can also reach out to Andre Ifill via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To read more of our articles and keep up to date on the latest in college and NFL news, click here!