The Louisiana Lafayette Rajin’ Cajuns (5-4) take on the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (2-7) on Thursday night in a Sun Belt Conference showdown. UL Lafayette just lost to Arkansas State over the weekend, 31-13, and they’ve had just a few days to regroup and prepare for the Golden Eagles. Southern Miss snapped a long seven-game losing streak this past weekend, defeating UL Monroe 24-7. The Golden Eagles are still winless on the road (0-4) as they roll into town.
Will UL Lafayette bounce back on Thursday, or will Southern Miss finally win a road game?
𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐓 🏠
— Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns® Football (@RaginCajunsFB) November 6, 2023
Southern Miss vs UL Lafayette Betting Odds & Match Details
|Southern Miss||+10 (-110)||Over 52.5 (-110)||+310|
|UL Lafayette||-10 (-110)||Under 52.5 (-110)||-405|
Odds Courtesy of PointsBet subject to change*
- Fixture: Southern Miss vs UL Lafayette
- Date and Time: November 9, 2023 at 7:30 p.m. EST
- Location: Cajun Field, Lafayette, Louisiana
- Weather Forecast: Partially Cloudy, 71 degrees
- Points Per Game: 23.0
- Points Allowed Per Game: 35.8
- 3rd Down Efficiency: 37.41%
- 4th Down Efficiency: 40%
- Passing Yards Per Game: 201.4
- Passing Yards Per Attempt: 7.8
- Passing TDs: 12
- Rushing Yards Per Game: 162.6
- Rushing TDs: 12
- Sacks: 24
- Interceptions: 8
- Points Per Game: 31.1
- Points Allowed Per Game: 28.0
- 3rd Down Efficiency: 41.74%
- 4th Down Efficiency: 57.14%
- Passing Yards Per Game: 244.2
- Passing Yards Per Attempt: 7.3
- Passing TDs: 18
- Rushing Yards Per Game: 197.3
- Rushing TDs: 18
- Sacks: 27
- Interceptions: 8
The Rajin’ Cajuns are one of the better rushing teams in the country, and the Golden Eagles have struggled all year long when it comes to stopping the run. That alone should give UL Lafayette the edge, but on top of that, Southern Miss hasn’t been good enough offensively to make the Rajin’ Cajuns worry. Even though Southern Miss is coming off of a nice win, they’re 1-3 against the spread on the road this year. Back UL Lafayette to win and cover to improve to 4-1 at home.
Louisiana Lafayette -10 (-110)
For more College Football predictions & news, click here!
For more Louisiana Lafayette news, click here!
About the Author
Lucas Abrenica has worked as a sports betting writer for over three years, with the aim of helping both experienced and casual sports bettors in their decision-making. He uses his own personal background as a bettor to help guide the information and advice in his articles.