Hey all and welcome to my Week 8 GPP article! With every new week some new challenges arise, and this one is no different. The most potent offenses are not on this slate, so we’re stuck looking at Jalen Hurts and the Eagles as the best offense and asking ourselves if the Steelers can keep this game competitive.
Here’s my token reminder to join the Discord for those key Sunday morning updates that simply do not make it into this article because all the news is not yet fit to print. Let’s get into the Week 8 GPP slate!
Week 8 GPP Ownership Report
- Tyreek Hill – 28.3%
- Alvin Kamara – 20.2%
- Saquon Barkley – 19.1%
- Josh Jacobs – 18.8%
- Derrick Henry – 17.7%
- Tony Pollard – 15.6%
- Cedee Lamb – 15.2%
- DJ Moore – 15%
- Washington Commanders – 14.3%
- Justin Jefferson – 13.6%
- Raheem Mostert – 13.5%
- Tua Tagovailoa – 13.3%
- Kenneth Walker – 12.7%
- Jaylen Waddle – 12.5%
- Deandre Hopkins – 12.1%
- New England Patriots – 11.8%
- Los Angeles Rams – 11.6%
I’m actually not going to be surprised if Hill comes in over 35%.
Week 8 GPP Chalk Stalk – Miami Dolphins @ Detroit Lions
Tua and his two primary pass catchers are top 15 in highest owned players this week, and the added conundrum is that their primary RB Raheem Mostert is as well. The last couple of weeks have featured GPP winners with Joe Burrow stacks without a run back on the other side. Ergo it makes sense that the Lions are largely coming in lower owned. The highest is D’Andre Swift at 10.3%, and then Amon-Ra at 10.1%.
If I’m attacking this game, which to be honest I really want to, it has to be a different way than stacking Tua with Waddle and Hill and running it back with the Sun God or Swift. When taking my first look at Week 8 last Monday, I was thinking this was the only game I would be interested in. On Tuesday when I saw that it had the highest total, I cried a little inside. Highest total = highest ownership, it’s almost that simple.
How I’ll Do It
Jared Goff is looking around 6% owned, and I understand why. Goff has been horrible his last two games, including last week when the Lions came off the bye. However:
- Goff’s Road Game Average DK Points: 9.4
- Goff’s Home Game Average DK Points: 26.6
A friend of mine believes the Lions have the best offensive line in football. It’s not that I disagree, but the entire left side of the line (LT Decker, LG Jackson, and C Ragnow) were limited this week in practice. On Friday only Jackson was reported to have an issue, so this is huge news for the prospects of the Lions offense.
Also, it’s not like the Dolphins don’t have their own set of injuries along their offensive line. LT Terron Armstead, RT Greg LIttle, and RG Robert Hunt were all limited during practice this week as well, but have no designations going into the weekend. Just so everyone knows though, Aidan Hutchinson is legit and could make things difficult for Miami.
If this game is going to blowout, then the Lions have to put up points to keep Tua and company throwing. TJ Hockenson is coming in with under 5% ownership. WR2 Josh Reynolds is also under 5% owned. Jamaal Williams is under 4% owned. WR3 Kalif Raymond is on no one’s radar this week. If I go here for Week 8 GPPs, I’ll stack Goff with two of his teammates and use a player or two on Miami, but Tua is likely a fade for me solely due to him being the highest owned QB on the slate.
Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings
With a 49 total, it makes sense that folks are looking here for Week 8 GPP stacks as well. Justin Jefferson and Deandre Hopkins will be the highest owned players from this game. It’s hard to ignore DHop in a matchup with this porous Vikings secondary. I also find it plausible that this game becomes the highest scoring one on the slate, but the Cards are short LG Garcia and C Hudson. LT Humphries is also banged up. This is some serious bad news for the Cards.
Robbie Anderson might already be WR2 in this offense and will not be owned on Sunday. Adam Thielen is looking at 7% ownership. Kirk Cousins is around 10% ownership and might be the third highest owned QB on the slate. (Just typing that sentence made my stomach turn.) Kyler, however, is looking at 7% ownership and might be less owned than Sam Ehlinger!! Maybe it’s because this has happened. On top of that, James Conner has been ruled OUT, so it’s a wheels up scenario for Eno Benjamin in terms of volume in Week 8 GPP contests.
I’m not crazy about stacking this game considering COD just came out, the Cards offensive line injuries, and the general unreliability of both QBs. Kenneth Walker and the Seahawks ran on this Cards group pretty well a couple weeks ago. Maybe a low owned Dal Cook, 10% compared to other high priced RBs, can be the answer here.
Las Vegas Raiders @ New Orleans Saints
The Saints defensive group is probably my worst preseason call. In their last four games they have allowed 42, 30, 32, and 28 points for an average of 33 points a game. For Week 8 GPPs it doesn’t get much better as CB Lattimore is likely OUT and CB Adebo is still banged up too.
Devante Adams is carrying some ownership at 11.4%, but that’s probably warranted. Josh Jacobs continues to garner interest considering his role in the offense, and while he will be owned on Sunday, it shouldn’t be as crazy as last week. If stacking Dereck Carr (8.5% owned), Adams makes sense, but Renfrow will have less ownership and Hollins will not be owned. Waller is headed to miss, so Foster Moreau is a decent punt option again, but don’t expect the world from him.
On the Saints side, Juwan Johnson might be a cheat code if Landry and Michael Thomas miss. Johnson played 52 snaps last week and 55 the week before. He also ran 39 routes in Week 7 and 30 the week before. That’s elite usage. He needs to be monitored though as he has a Questionable tag going into the weekend.
At 11.5% and narrowly missing my above list, Chris Olave is looking like the highest owned player on the Saints. The Raiders are the 10th worst team against WRs, 3rd worst vs TEs, and the worst team against QBs. Who has the guts to start the Red Rifle at 3% ownership?
Week 8 GPP One-Offs and Skinny Stacks
- Finally Geno Smith & Co. will be a little less owned. With DK Metcalf likely to miss, I really dig both Noah Fant and Tyler Lockett here. Kenneth Walker also is a little too low owned for the star I think he is about to become. That being said, Giants games have been pretty low scoring, so I am unlikely to go here for a game stack.
- On the other side of this game, Saquon is hard to ignore, though his ownership is considerable. Wan’Dale Robinson is also in play, and Daniel Jones and his rushing ability could be too.
- CMC is looking at about 8% ownership for Week 8 GPP contests. Considering Deebo Samuel was ruled OUT, it is likely a spot where CMC gets his first 49er TD. He makes for a nice leverage play in the top tier of RBs.
- I can see why Derrick Henry is getting the ownership he is getting. Texans are the worst team in the NFL against RBs. If Willis were to start at QB, I might have some pause as he could eat into Henry’s rushing attempts. I’m also not crazy about the Titans O-line situation with Taylor Lewan on IR, but then again, it is the Texans.
- Jalen Hurts is looking 10% owned. If you start him, I think you need to ask yourself if you think he’ll have a rushing TD or two and get over 250 yards passing with at least another TD throwing. If he can, he might be the Joe Burrow of Week 8 GPPs. If TJ Watt plays then I am less interested though.
- Cooper Kupp is a leverage play off the higher owned Adams, Jefferson and Hill. If fading Vegas, Minnesota and Miami, I would highly urge you to consider Kupp.
- Terry McLaurin is under-owned in his price range again. Heinicke loves this guy.
- Brian Robinson is also under-owned considering his role in the offense now. He just doesn’t catch passes, which is a problem on DraftKings but not on other sites like FanDuel and SuperDraft.
- Robert Woods (Bobby Trees) is severely under-owned in his range, but I do think this is a Derrick Henry game.
- Tyler Allgeier could potentially have the backfield to himself this weekend. He’s under 5% owned.
- D’Onta Foreman could also have the Panther backfield to himself on Sunday. The Panthers run blocking is the strength of this offensive line.
- Miles Sanders is low owned (6.6%). Seems too low for a team with an 11 point spread.
- Jimmy G will be 3% owned and has had good games vs the Rams in the past.
My Week 8 GPP Fades
- Hearing a lot of chatter to play Sam Ehlinger this week, especially in cash games. At 4K, I get it. Ehlinger flashed a lot in college, especially with running ball. However, this isn’t a cash game article, it’s a Week 8 GPP one. I get what the Colts are doing, they need to find a solution at QB that isn’t the next Old Man River, but I just have a hard time putting my faith in an unknown at significant ownership.
- Ehlinger’s rushing upside puts me off Jonathan Taylor for Week 8 GPPs as well.
- Pains me to say it, but DJ Moore is too high owned after one good showing out of seven attempts. Additionally, he’s pretty much right there as a WR option in most of my builds, which also is conducive to high ownership.
- I’m playing zero Ceedee Lamb.
- I’m not big into Tony Pollard with the ownership he is carrying. D’Onta Foreman is in the same situation with a better offensive line. Yeah, I said it.
- I’m not playing the Commanders defense. Over 20% ownership is possible.
- AJ Brown, 10.2%, seems a bit a high for me this week.
- The Rams D is too highly owned against a team they typically lose to.
Need a Week 8 GPP Punt?
- Nico Collins is OUT. One of Philip Dorsett or Chris Moore stands to benefit.
- Corey Davis is missing this game and who the heck knows what is going on with Elijah Moore. Braxton Berrios has shown up in GPP winning lineups before.
Thanks for checking out my Week 8 GPP breakdown. Good luck in your Week 8 GPP contests!
Follow me on Twitter at @Borisnow00 and follow my man Danny Carpenter too!
Again, join the free Discord! Updates will be posted there on Sunday morning!
Visit our fantasy football page for more analysis!
For More Great Football Content
Follow us on Twitter at @GridironHeroics for more great content. We appreciate you taking time to read our articles. To interact more with our community and keep up to date on the latest in Football news, JOIN OUR FREE FACEBOOK GROUP by CLICKING HERE