Hey all and welcome to the Week 12 GPP Recap. Things were looking pretty, pretty good for me yesterday, and then Josh Jacobs and the Raiders showed up.
Join. The. Discord. Someone in there used the early morning information to earn himself a first place finish in his Week 12 GPP contest.
Let’s get into it.
Week 12 GPP Ownership Review
Below are the highest owned players in Week 12 GPPs. To the left are the Sunday morning final ownership projections, on the right are the Week 12 GPP actual ones.
- Tyreek Hill – 22% / 17.9%
- Rachaad White – 20.8% / 40.1%
- Jeff Wilson – 20.5% / 48.8%
- Kansas City Chiefs – 17.7% / 37.7%
- Patrick Mahomes – 17.5% / 12.2%
- Davante Adams – 16.3% / 13.3%
- Christian McCaffrey – 15.5% / 4.8%
- Travis Kelce – 15.2% / 17.5%
- Latavius Murray – 14.6% / 16.5%
- Austin Ekeler – 14.6% / 12%
- Josh Jacobs – 13.9% / 4.4%
- Derrick Henry – 13.6% / 7.5%
Week 12 GPP Ownership Quick Takes
- Never underestimate the power of a Q tag in the late window games. It’s what drove Jacobs’ ownership from the projections. It did the same for Kyler Murray as well.
- Ken Walker came in at over 26% ownership! Damnit! People remembered.
- I am again mostly happy with the algorithm for ownership and my ability to see its flaws. I knew Wilson or White would be the highest owned. They were numbers 1 and 2. Many lineups probably featured them both, so I made sure none of mine did the same.
- I should have accounted for Jacobs’ Q tag and played him more. I had him in some lineups that cashed.
- Man does it pain me to see the Chiefs DST in the winning lineup. They were not the highest scoring defense, but their salary played a factor for sure.
- I was surprised by both the Keenan Allen (21%) and Tee Higgins (21%) ownership numbers.
Week 12 GPP Recap – My Best Lineup vs the Winning Lineup
My Best Lineup – 163.3 DK Points
The Winning Lineup – 222.62 DK Points
- There isn’t ton this week, but I am mostly happy with my feel for ownership as it has been a season-long goal of mine to get better at it.
- DJ Moore was one of my highest owned one-offs; he didn’t disappoint.
- I played some Chris Godwin again, I was finally rewarded.
- Tee Higgins crushed it and saved some of my Burrow stacks (and helped someone else achieve a first place finish).
- I had some Garrett Wilson as well. He was actually popping off quite a bit in my optimizer.
- DK Metcalf did nicely in some of my one-off plays, including my highest scoring lineup.
- I’m a little upset with myself for not seeing the Mike White performance coming. He basically did the same thing last year when was forced into action. However, if his ceiling is 28 DK points, then that does not match the ceiling that other QBs have.
- I refuse to believe that JaMycal Hasty is real.
- Ja’Marr Chase ended up being ruled out. I wonder how things may have played out had he suited up. At least I got him out of all my Burrow stacks.
- Josh Palmer did decently, but Allen and Ekeler did better.
- I had a good amount of Kelce. 15.7 DK points is good, especially at the TE position, but you simply need more when the salary is $7700.
- There were a variety of QBs you could have used in Week 12 GPPs to earn yourself a top spot. Lawrence, Herbert, White, Kyler and Geno all had good days. I used zero of them.
- I simply didn’t have enough Jacobs, but did use him spots.
- Brian Robinson was not on my radar this week whereas Antonio Gibson was. I chose poorly.
- Pretty much all of the Dolphins suffered from being far better than their opponent. Tua didn’t throw a TD to either Hill nor Waddle, and Wilson didn’t have a smash day that many were expecting. Throw in a Dolphins DST score, and this game was over by halftime.
- Speaking of the above, any Texan that I used in a run back in this matchup sunk my Week 12 GPP lineup.
- Chris Olave achieved double digit DK points yet again. 11.2 DK points is simply not enough at $6600 salary.
- I pivoted to Kyren Williams in spots over Rachaad White and as a run back in my Chiefs stacks. 9 DK points in Week 12 GPPs did not cut it.
- Bad George Kittle showed up. His ownership could be even lower than 5% in future slates.
- Drake London busted with only 2 catches.
- Jahan Dotson got a total of 0.0 points. That one really hurt.
Catch you all next week! Thanks for checking out my Week 12 GPP Recap!
Follow me on Twitter at @Borisnow00!
Join the free Discord! Updates will be posted there on Sunday morning!
Visit our fantasy football page for more analysis!
For More Great Football Content
Follow us on Twitter at @GridironHeroics for more great content. We appreciate you taking time to read our articles. To interact more with our community and keep up to date on the latest in Football news, JOIN OUR FREE FACEBOOK GROUP by CLICKING HERE