KP here, back again with my Weekly Waiver Wire content! This week we’re diving into the Waiver Wire Week 9 Edition. As always, leagues are won with post-draft acquisitions. While, you can win on drafting talent alone, the waiver wire is primarily where losses can become wins.
Shifting gears, with so many great teams for fantasy are on bye this week let’s see how we can improve your chances in your next matchup with the Waiver Wire Week 9 Edition. Let’s get started and check out KP’s Waiver Wire Week 8 Edition Fantasy Football Family!
Key Injuries to consider:
- James Conner (ribs) continues to miss; day-to-day
- Cooper Kupp (ankle) not believed to be serious; should play
- DeVante Parker (knee) projected to miss a few games
- Irv Smith Jr (ankle) late injury and likely to miss a few games.
- Dallas Cowboys
- Cleveland Browns
- Denver Broncos
- New York Giants
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- San Francisco 49ers
Waiver Wire Week 9 targets by positions
- Justin Fields vs MIA – rostered 42% Yahoo / 26.2% ESPN
- Andy Dalton vs BAL – rostered 14% Yahoo / 21.5% ESPN
- Marcus Mariota vs LAC – rostered 26% Yahoo / 24% ESPN
I’m certainly infatuated with how the Saints are handling their QB controversy. The Saints have decided to roll with their hot hand with Dalton and he’s stepped up; at least mostly from a fantasy aspect. The Saints have: Baltimore, Pittsburgh and LA Rams over the next 3 weeks – Dalton is a bonafide starter for those needing a bye filler or are in superflex leagues. You can start Dalton with the utmost confidence.
- Kenyan Drake @NO – rostered: 31% Yahoo / 18.3% ESPN
- Isiah Pacheco vs TEN – rostered: 34% Yahoo / 24.3% ESPN
I’ll admit there’s not much to see here in terms of runningbacks. Any RB that was on radars before are starting or fully off those radars now. My advice this week is to keep a close eye out for names swirling around the “water cooler” and seeing if you’re able to acquire: Alexander Mattison or Khalil Herbert via trade.
- Josh Palmer @ATL – rostered: 26% Yahoo / 25% ESPN
- Parris Campbell @NE – rostered: 38% Yahoo / 31.2% ESPN
- Mecole Hardman vs TEN – rostered: 35% Yahoo / 27.8% ESPN
It’s very rare that you take a look at the waiver week week 9 edition for fantasy football and stumble across as WR1 product sitting on over 70% of leagues waiver wire, but here we are. I’m referring to Josh Palmer. He did gain his status by default with Mike Williams ankle injury and Keenan Allen’s hammy still bothering him, Palmer will take on the WR1 duties. He’s a must pick up at the moment.
- Cade Otton vs LAR – rostered: 13% Yahoo / 7.6% ESPN
- Isaiah Likely @NO –rostered: 5% Yahoo / 1.7% ESPN
When the season began, I was positive I’d continue raving about Trey McBride when talking about rookie TEs. However, this week’s TE rookie darling is Isaiah Likely. It was well warranted as Likely filled in for an injured Mark Andrews easily and had himself a day to remember. He’s an option to consider if you have the bench space.
Waiver Wire Week 9: Stash Options
Intriguing Options with growing interest
- Deshaun Watson (CLE)
- Kadarius Toney (KC)
- Terrance Marshall Jr (CAR)
Do Check Out Our Other Fantasy Football Content
If you like my content, please shoot me a follow me on Twitter at @KingpettyFFB
Until next time, I hope you enjoyed my Waiver Wire Week 9 edition, please join me next week as I breakdown week 10!
For More Great Football Content
Follow us on Twitter at @GridironHeroics for more great content. We appreciate you taking time to read our articles. To interact more with our community and keep up to date on the latest in Football news, JOIN OUR FREE FACEBOOK GROUP by CLICKING HERE