Each week after the Monday Night Football game has concluded, I’ll look to release my weekly waiver wire pickup list. This will help you begin preparing for your next matchup. You can win your draft 9 times over, but you’ll need to be active in pickups if you plan on winning your league.
Key Injuries to consider:
- Dak Prescott (Thumb) 6-8 weeks
- Eli Mitchell (Knee) 8 weeks
- Chris Godwin (Hamstring) 2-3 weeks
- Keenan Allen (Hamstring) 1 week; day-to-day
- Tee Higgins (Concussion) concussion protocol; day-to-day
Waiver Wire targets by positions
- Carson Wentz at Detroit – rostered: 16.6% ESPN / 14% Yahoo
- Baker Mayfield at NYG – rostered: 13.9% ESPN / 18% Yahoo
I have come full circle with my recommendations on Wentz. While I still believe that the Commanders aren’t as talented as the Colts, Wentz led this team to a hard fought victory and looked great doing it. I noted that he’d be a deep sleeper to consider last week. Now, with the injury to Dak, I’d make him my first target to plug-and-play moving forward.
- Jeff Wilson Jr vs SEA – rostered: 3.5% ESPN / 18% Yahoo
- Rex Burkhead at DEN – rostered: 17.2% ESPN / 13% Yahoo
Like Wentz, I noted that Jeff Wilson was a deep sleeper that more managers needed to roster in the event of an injury. Unfortunately, this has happened to last year’s fantasy darling, Eli Mitchell. As noted above, Mitchell will be out at least two months. JWJ is the unequivocal RB2 in this backfield and should be your priority in your waiver wire pick ups if you lost Mitchell.
- Curtis Samuel at DET – rostered 8.4% ESPN / 6% Yahoo
- Donovan Peoples-Jones vs NYJ – rostered 1.7% ESPN / 4% Yahoo
- Kyle Philips at BUF – rostered: 0.5% ESPN / 1% Yahoo
Samuel finds himself atop my waiver wire pickups. It seems he’s healthy and ready to contribute, posting a stat line of: eight catches on 11 targets, 55 receiving yards and one touchdown. The favorite add this week will likely be Jahan Dotson, but the actual target will need to be Samuel.
- Hayden Hurst at DAL – rostered 19.5% ESPN / 10% Yahoo
- Gerald Everett at KC – rostered 13.5% ESPN / 28% Yahoo
If you have Kelce, Andrews or Schultz, you’re likely not to consider Everett a playable option. If you have Hockenson, Goedert or Ertz, Everett may be a better start this week. This is all contingent if Keenan Allen is able to play this week. However, LAC and KC are this week’s Thursday Night game, this may not be enough time for Keenan to recover. Everett needs to be heavily considered this week.
Waiver Wire: Stash Options
Week 1 Darlings
- Jahan Dotson
- Dontrell Hilliard
- Devin Duvernay
- J.D. McKissic
- D’Onta Foreman
- Josh Palmer
For other related articles from our writers!
- Week 1: Fantasy Football Overreactions by Jesse Raymond
- Bengals Fans shouldn’t overreact by Nicholas Ferraro
- Post-Draft Fantasy Football Sleepers by KP
If you like my content, please shoot me a follow me on Twitter at @KingpettyFFB!
For More Great Football Content
Follow us on Twitter at @GridironHeroics for more great content. We appreciate you taking time to read our articles. To interact more with our community and keep up to date on the latest in Football news, JOIN OUR FREE FACEBOOK GROUP by CLICKING HERE
Pingback: Dallas Cowboys Week 3 - Battle Of The Blues - Gridiron Heroics
Pingback: Best And Worst Of Week 2 Fantasy Football - Gridiron Heroics
Pingback: Waiver Wire Week 3 Edition - Gridiron Heroics